- New compact and robust design with enhanced accuracy and result delivery time
- No ordinary battery load tester, the ACT 612 simulates a 20 hour (C20) discharge test in seconds
- Developed for standby SLA, cyclic GEL and car FLOODED batteries
- Tests 6V batteries between 1.2Ah and 10Ah, and 12V batteries between 1.2Ah and 100Ah
- Displays DC Voltage and the actual Ampere hour (Ah) capacity available
- Powered by the battery under test, with ultra low heat generation for continuous testing
- Simple in operation, free from complicated settings and no user interpretation of results is required
- Used by engineers from various industries from security, telecommunications to mobility
Dual voltage, designed for common lead acid battery types
Use the Calibration Control to select either standby SLA, cyclic GEL and car FLOODED battery types prior to testing. The ACT 612 will test 6V battery models between 1.2Ah and 10Ah, and 12V battery models between 1.2Ah and 100Ah.
Once connected – ensuring a tight connection to clean battery terminals – the ACT 612 automatically displays the DC Voltage available followed by the Ah capacity reading. Results are displayed within seconds.
Results indicate when to recharge or replace
Battery manufacturers recommend to recharge or replace a battery when its rated Ah capacity falls below 65%. By giving a clear and accurate reading of a battery’s Ah capacity available, the ACT 612 makes it easy to identify replacements quickly. A quick look up table shows common battery sizes and at what Ah capacity rate they should be recharged or replaced.
Unique Ah Calibration Control
This feature enables the unit to be calibrated to test various lead acid battery technologies or to specific brands of batteries.
Advanced Pulse Load Technology
The ACT 612 uses advanced pulse load technology to analyze Ah capacity, based on the battery’s temperature and state of charge. This method is significantly more accurate than measuring voltage and internal resistance and does not deplete the battery unlike a conventional battery load tester.
Supplied: ACT 612 Intelligent Battery Tester, ACT 612TL Test Leads, ACT 430N Soft Carry Case, Sample ACT BTL Labels, Operating Instructions and Certificate of Calibration.
Quick Tip – Test comparisons between the ACT 612 and ACT GOLD PLUS Intelligent Battery Testers
- When performing accurate comparison tests between the ACT 612 and previous ACT GOLD PLUS models, carefully unplug leads from one tester to the other and do not disturb test lead connection to the battery
|Operating Voltage||6V and 12V DC|
|Reverse Polarity Protection||Red LED Indication|
|Max Input Voltage||15VDC|
|Over Voltage Protection||Max 30VDC (10 sec.) with Red LED Indication|
|Battery Types||SLA (AGM), GEL & Flooded (WET)|
|Battery Sizes||6V (1.2Ah to 10Ah) and 12V (1.2Ah to 100Ah)|
|AH Capacity Test||Simulated 20 hour (C20) load test to 10.50VDC|
|AH Calibration||Calibrated at 0 (zero) position to brand new fully charged premium brand SLA batteries rated at C20 hour at 20°C (68°F)|
|AH Result||Based on the battery under test temperature and state of charge|
|Adjustment Provides||± Ah adjustment to brand new fully charged standby SLA, cyclic GEL and car FLOODED lead acid batteries|
|Battery Table||Recharge or replace battery when Ah capacity available falls below 65% of the battery's stated capacity|
|Display Type||Blue Back-lit LCD|
|Flat Battery Warning||6V <5.30VDC, 12V <10.50VDC|
|Repeat Test Operation||Can perform repeat tests continuously|
|DCV Accuracy||±2% of displayed reading|
|AH Accuracy||±5% Fully charged premium brand C20 hour rated SLA batteries at 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)|
|Applied Pulsed Load||6A 1.2Ah - 7Ah, 18A 8Ah - 100Ah|
|AH Calibration_ Adjustment||Approx. ±25 dgts|
|Case Construction||High impact ABS with holster|
|Dimensions||84(H) x 170(W) x 41(D)mm (including holster)|
|IN THE BOX||ACT 612 Intelligent Battery Tester, ACT 612TL Test Leads, ACT 430N Soft Carry Case, Sample ACT BTL Labels, Operating Instructions and Certificate of Calibration|